How many times have you heard someone ask or thought yourself "what on earth do I post to my social media pages and how often should I do it?!"
Ultimately there is no right or wrong answer here but I'm going to dive straight in and nut it out for you...
How long is a piece of string?
Ok, so this all depends on what platform/s you're on, your audience, how much time you have and how engaging you want to be. Remembering, engagement is key here!
The main thing to consider is time - and if you don't have it you may need to think about outsourcing this! So, ideally, if you're looking at Facebook and Instagram here you're looking to post once per day. If you can't commit to that, set 3 or 4 times per week. Like I said there is no right or wrong. Look at what you can commit to and stick to it!
Choose your platforms
You want to pick one or two platforms to do and DO WELL. Don't spread yourself too thin over multiple platforms, look at where your target audience hangs out and create an online presence there.
What should I post?
Again, you need to look at your target market... you know how everyone says to do your research before you start your business? There's a good reason for this!
Here are a few tips on content to post to your socials:
- Educate your audience - you want to showcase that you know your stuff! Think hints, tips, tricks of the trade, that sort of thing.
- Add some inspiration! Who doesn't love an inspirational quote or 2!? Remember to post these moderately, you don't want to flood your feed with the same thing.
- Add photos of YOU doing your work/job or even examples of your work. Giving your feed a personal touch lets the audience know WHO you are.
- Testimonials! These are definitely something to have on your feed. Don't forget to ask your clients for feedback.
- Repurpose your old content. Spruce it up and make it new again!
Check your insights!!!
Check when your audience is online because it will differ for everyone - not everyone has the same audience, obviously.
So when you check your insights be aware that the times your audience is shown to be online is in the Pacific Time Zone, so you will need to convert to your local time.
If you are struggling with this please shout out, I'm always happy to help.
Posting content to your socials can be daunting. But the key is planning and organisation. Brainstorming ideas and creating a content planner (even just a simple excel spreadsheet) will help you tremendously.
If you're struggling with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out. After all, together we grow and succeed! 😉